Thursday 21 August 2008

Bloody Tourists!

Last proper day in New York, we decided to go well touristy ... Times Square, Ripley's Odditorium, Statue of Liberty etc etc (and Ground Zero, but lets not bring the mood down).

Good news is that my throat hasn't been too bad today, and the chest pains that started Sunday night in the Tav have subsided. Think it was a dodgy vodka-dc ... mum thinks its stress :)

Can't wait to get to Milwaukee and get the hell on with this next three months; New York is fun but its too much like hard work for my liking. Plus I'll get a decent shower, the one in the hostel is a little grim. And pink.

I missed you all last nite on the old 80p Wednesdays, but apparently you're all off to Leeds or Newquay today anyways so nobody went; I did, however, enjoy the fact that I managed to sleep last nite (can't sleep when I'm drunk) AND didn't wake up with a raging hangover. Who knew Thursdays could be spent not wating Peep Show and tucking into a nice bit of stuffed crust? Well, actually we're off to Little Italy again tonight for pizza, and if I manage to sort my codecs out I could technically still do that...

Anyhoo, pictures to follow on FaceBook once I get my laptop sorted in Milwaukee, of both my travels in New York and The Last Week of Summer (TM)

'Til next time, enjoy Leeds/Newquay/life without me...

No comments: